The evaluation aimed to answer the following questions:
1. Mapping the work of the Arrythmia Care Co-ordinators (ACCs): Who was appointed to these roles? How were services structured? Which patients did they see?
2. Did the ACCs meet the objectives set out in the model job description? (Appendix 1)
3. How did the ACCs perceive their role and what were the common barriers and facilitators in establishing their service?
4. How did patients perceive the ACC role?
5. How did the physicians perceive the ACC role?
6. Did the ACCs improve the patients’ health related quality of life?
7. Did the appointment of the ACCs help to reduce hospital readmissions?