- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence - NICE
- Publication date:
- 25 June 2019
This guideline covers identifying and managing depression in children and young people aged 5 to 18 years. Based on the stepped-care model, it aims to improve recognition and assessment and promote effective treatments for mild and moderate to severe depression.
This guideline includes new and updated recommendations on:
- psychological therapies for mild depression
- psychological therapies for moderate to severe depression
These supplement the existing recommendations on:
- care for all children and young people with depression
- stepped care
- detection, risk profiling and referral
- transfer to adult services
Who is it for?
- Healthcare professionals
- Commissioners and providers
- Children and young people with depression and their families and carers
Guideline development process
This guideline updates and replaces NICE guideline CG28 (September 2005).