This guideline covers indoor air quality in residential buildings. It aims to raise awareness of the importance of good air quality in people's homes and how to achieve this.
NICE has also produced a guideline on outdoor air pollution.
This guideline includes recommendations on:
Who is it for?
- Environmental health practitioners
- Building control, housing and maintenance staff
- Healthcare professionals
- Public health professionals
- Planners and regulators involved with residential developments
- Architects, designers and builders
- Private property managers and private landlords
- Housing associations
- Voluntary sector
- Members of the public
Guideline development process
How we develop NICE guidelines
NICE worked with Public Health England to develop this guidance.